Heating measures updates can cause technical failures, to avoid failures from Ofgem monitoring for measure relating to heating Anesco recommends that you familiarise yourself with the following information that will help minimise the chance of your measure(s) being rejected, delayed or put ‘at risk’ by Ofgem.
Common failures relate to the Ofgem technical questions below:
- Boiler (Technical)
- 6: Do the heating controls installed encompass a programmer, thermostat and TRV’s to all radiators except those in the room with the thermostat?
- Heating Controls (Scoring)
- 12: Do the heating controls installed encompass a programmer, thermostat and TRV’s to all radiators except those in the room with the thermostat?
The reasons for this are:
Thermostatic Radiator Valves (TRV) fitted to all radiators, including the reference radiator(s) i.e. in the same location as the thermostat. The reference radiator(s) should not have a TRV fitted.
- TRV’s that are missing i.e. not fitted to radiators that require them, for example TRV’s not fitted in bedrooms.
Why is it important?
- Failures against these technical questions will mean the loft insulation measure is not ECO3 compliant and therefore, unless remediated, will result in clawback of the measure.
- If the pass rates from scoring or technical inspections are not over 90%, you will be placed on Pathway to Compliance by Ofgem where all measures submitted during the quarter are at risk, not just the failed measures.
What do you need to do?
- Brief all gas, LPG and oil boiler installation crews on the importance of installing all relevant heating controls required to meet ECO3 requirements, see published Ofgem guidance.
- Provide additional training where gaps are identified.
- Review internal processes and ensure your crews are installing the measure correctly every time and where necessary correcting defects.
- Ensure photographs are taken of all heating controls and these are included in your post installation photographs during submission.
If you require further information heating measures, please contact your business development manager or the ECO team on 0845 894 4444.
(Released 10th April 2019)