Promoting education in renewables and the importance of sustainability
Anesco sets aside money every year to:
- help promote education in renewable energy and sustainability
- build awareness for the importance of sustainability
- support the Reading community where we are based and the local communities across the UK in which we operate
We also support the creation of local jobs and career opportunities by working with primary and secondary schools in the area to help educate the next generation on the energy efficiency industry.
A number of initiatives have been implemented to meet these aims and that also support the National Curriculum, including a work experience programme, school talks and visits to solar sites. We are also supporting young adults through a programme that encourages the development of entrepreneurial skills.
Our initiatives include:
- Providing a work experience programme for sixth form students and GCSE students
- Visiting schools local to our projects to provide talks, special assemblies and to host site visits, for example to our solar farms
- Supporting local sport teams and young aspiring sportsmen and women
- Supporting our local community in Reading through fundraising, charity events and donations to the local food bank